Wednesday 10 April 2019

Siti Noorliyana Juhari for Usrah Budi

Usrah Budi 4
Project

Salam! Hey hey! The last usrah budi's project is our group video. This time I've partnered with 4 other sisters (their names are in the video, so you must watch) ;)



Sharing Session

For Individual project, we are tasked with different topics each week. As for my topic, I was lucky enough to find Rasulullah SAW's Sunnah that is rarely heard of (at least for me).

Here are my slides!











Usrah Budi 3
Project

For Usrah Budi 3, we are required to do a community based project. But, because of the current situation of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are only able to do it via online. Hence, my group which consists of 4 sisters decided to do a write up for current issues to be shared via whatsapp.

Why Via Whatsapp? Statiscally speaking, WhatsApp is the third largest social media platform after Instagram and Facebook. It is also very easy to read, and to share with friends and family through different whatsapp groups.

Here is my topic:

CURRENT ISSUE: RACISM?
By: Siti Noorliyana Juhari

Suddenly, there's so many black boxes on my Instagram feed, so many chants of black lives matter that floods the realms of my social media platforms. In 2020, why is racism still an issue? And even within Malaysians, racism is deeply rooted in our society.

Rasulullah SAW once defended Bilal ibn Rabah when he was called "the son of a black woman". Rasulullah SAW was annoyed with Abu Dharr Al-Ghifari's emphasis on the colour of the skin replied “you are the man who still has the traits of ignorance in him.”

In Islam, Allah SWT does not care about race nor the colour of one's skin. It is the Iman that  truly matters. This is further emphasized during the last sermon of Prophet Muhammad SAW, "a White has no superiority over a Black nor a Black has any superiority over a White except by piety and good action".

Conclusion
As individuals, we should always think before we speak. Racist sentiments that are embedded within us ever since we were small need to be assessed again with a clear and non prejudice mind.

Here are some responses from my friends:



Tadabbur Quran

Every Saturday, sister Nadia lead the class through Google Meet of which we participated in reading and understanding the Quran. For this class, we focused on Surah Al-Isra, ayat 22-39.

This is my summary of what we learned together <3



Usrah Budi 2 - Weekly Classes

CLASS 1: Tadabbur Surah Al-Fatihah


From nouman ali khans talk
Maksud fatihah: pembuka kpd kitab al-Quran

Balance in Surah al fatihah
Ayat 1-3: from Alhamdulillah, ceritakan tentang Allah - alam: sekalian Alam bukan dunia je
Ayat 3 terakhir: cerita tentang manusia (kita)
Ayat 4: kita mengiktiraf kekuasaan Allah

We need to have both knowledge and action

CLASS 2: Tadabbur Surah Al-Asr


Analogi kita tenggelam with unconscious
Asaru - perah baju till kering
Solar Asar - hujung hari
Al asr - time is running out

Pilih untuk bangun dari tenggelam tu - lalu kita pilih movement

1- sedar
2- berenang; figure out
3- kejutkan org lain

Al-asr : dan demi masa yang makin suntuk
Ayat 2: masa ini adalah masa yg kita tenggelam/lost, tenggelam dlm kerugian skrg ni. So abb tu kita perlu sedar
Ayat 3: kita kena sedar n terima yg kita ni dkt dunia yg sementara. Dlm masa kita drowining ni, kita pilih untuk memperbetulkan perkara tu. Kita kena berterusan dan sedar dan sedarkan org lain continuously walaupun ada yg menentang or tak mendengar, you gotta keep doing it.

4 syarat utk survive

1 kena ada iman
2 kena buat kebaikan
3 kena bgtahu org lain apa yg betul
4 kena sabar

LAST CLASS: 3/12/19


Ar-rahman in Bismillah phrase
-Rahama: bila tambah alif nun, maksunya dia berlebih lebihan. Macam “lapar gila”
-Maksudnya: unusual kind of mercy, bukan kasih sayang yg biasa, tapi luar biasa
-maksud nya: pembuat/pelaku, Allah tu Ar-Rahman berterusan dan kasih sayangnya sedang berlaku sekarang 24/7
-Manusia tak pernah satisfied w what they have, they always want what they dont have. So bersyukur apa yg ada dpn mata
-Always think of apa Ar-Rahman Allah pada kita, tak kira masa. Be grateful lah basically, amidst any happiness and hardships.

“Jangan takut, jangan sedih”
“Mereka tidak akan takut dan mereka tak akan bersedih”

Qty takut lebih banyak drpd sedih.
Kita anxious, anxiety about uncertainties of the future
Sadness, benda yg dah lepas.

Kita akan rasa takut, tapi kalau beriman sebenarnya tak ada apa yg perlu ditakuti
Kita akan rasa sedih, sebenarnya ada org lain yg akan sedih

From psychology side, takut tu sentiasa ada. Tapi kesedihan tu akan datang dan pergi



Usrah Budi 1 - Portfolio


Erm... who is this girl?

Assalamualaikum, Hello and Hi. I'm Siti Noorliyana Juhari, currently a student of IIUM, pursuing her degree in Applied Arts and Design under the Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design.

I am 22 years old, yet I just entered IIUM in September 2018. That is because I was previously a student of UiTM Seri Iskandar Perak where I graduated with a diploma of Interior Design.

I see... other than your academics, do you have any other interest?

Urm, yeah? Of course I do. I have plenty of interests and most of them are creative related. In my opinion, the ones who doesn't have any other interest are missing out on life and the vast opportunities it has to offer.

1. I love film photography


Some photos I took at IIUM


Some photos I took not at IIUM haha

2. I love to sing and play ukulele for fun


3. I love to sketch and draw


Some of my drawings

I have more, but I think three is enough.

Mhm... okay. So what have you contributed for the ummah? All of the above seems like for your own joy.

Theres's one event that I would like to highlight; one that has a huge impact for myself and I think for the community as well.


So, this was before I entered IIUM and this is my first encounter with IIUM students, actually. All of the above are all students of UIA, except for me. I tagged along with UIA's UNESCO Trip to Kelantan. During this week-long trip, we helped local farmers and we learned so much from them as well. We also teach the locals how to speak English, confidently. It was such a fun experience. (I disliked the drive to Kelantan though because it was so tiring)

 

We met with a number of farmers, who are doing organic farming. A way of farming which I think is very Islamic; as they are not using chemicals to kill the pests- of which the chemicals might end up in our body system and damage us humans too. Instead, they make their own pest control substances using organic materials such as chili. 

These green efforts that these farmers are doing does not only benefit the health of the ummah, but it also benefit the environment. Allah also stated in the Quran that He does not like corruptors 

“…And do not desire corruption in the land. Indeed, God does not like corruptors. ”
Qur’an 28:77

To lend my hand, planting and preparing the land for farming was a contribution that I cannot forget. I will cherish the experience forever. 

Here's our goodbye...

Here are some ways of which you can find me. You can always email me at sitinoorliyana96@gmail.com. I am also at Behance; my online portfolio regarding my design works and I occasionally post on YouTube, as it is a part of my hobby.

Thank you for reading my portfolio. I hope you were entertained by the stories I shared and until next time. Assalamualaikum.


No comments:

Post a Comment